Safety Tip: The Risk of Carbon Monoxide – Not Just a Winter Time Thing.

ALL FUEL-BURNING APPLIANCES, regardless of the type of fuel, carry the risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning if not installed, operated, vented or maintained properly.  In an enclosed space, like your home, garage, vehicle, cottage, boat, or recreational vehicle, even a small amount can be dangerous.  To ensure the safety of you and your family, remember:

  • The manufacturer made the installation and operating manual for you, the customer – please use it!
  • When installing, moving, testing, repairing, and maintaining appliances, use a qualified service technician.  The labor charge may save you potential bigger dollars (not to mention your health_ when something goes wrong in the future and give you peace of mind.
  • Use appliances only for the purpose for which they were intended.  For example, grills and camping equipment weren’t made for enclosed spaces when you lose power.
  • Make sure your home, camper or R.V. are properly ventilated so there is enough oxygen for combustion and for venting of combustion to the outdoors.
  • When operating correctly, propane appliances burn with a blue flame.  Yellow flames or soot can indicate incomplete combustion which results in carbon monoxide.
  • Install carbon monoxide detectors in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and test weekly.
Game bài đổi thưởng